Preparing to Launch

0700EDT: To Okeanos Explorer streamed all night and has reached the almost wholly unexplored Mytilus Seamount. The weather today is still a bit questionable and will have to be monitored closely but for now we are proceeding with the dive. The ROV is scheduled to be deployed at 0830 and we are planning a late recovery at 1930 if the weather holds. The max depth for this dive is planned for just under 3300 meters.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s